How To Turn A Wooden Spoon On A Lathe
Mount the blank on a woodturning lathe.
How to turn a wooden spoon on a lathe. This is a small turning blank but you can bring the tailstock up if you want to. The paper will easily separate and you are left with 2 spoon blanks with the bowls turned. Turning the Wooden Handle Mount the wood on your lathe and in your multi-jawed chuck.
Like carving out table legs he then began cutting away the excess wood. Written Instructions Follow Step by Step Images. With the lathe off I used a fine tooth hand saw to cut the in-progress cedar spoon off the lathe and my waste pieces.
This will let you shape the handle of the spoon and then part it off of the lathe. Sand the spoon bowl at this time as the centers will be lost when the blanks are split apart. Remove the blank from the lathe set the handle on a solid surface position a chisel across the paper glue line and rap the chisel lightly.
One end is mounted off center. Spoon carving is a great hobby. Just made it up as I went along.
4x4x11 10cm x 10cm x 28cm Walnut Smaller blanks can be used to create smaller scoops. In this months issue of The Highland Woodturner Phil Colson demonstrates how he turns wooden spoons on his lathe an interesting alternative to carving. Hillhouses spoons or scoops began their life as a composite block of wood which were offset on his lathe to get that unique pattern.
This is a very different spoon than I have ever made before. The other end is centered. First I cut the edges off of my stock turning it into an octagon this makes it easier to turn it into a cylinder on the lathe.
- How To Get Your General Contractors License In South Carolina
- How To Get General Contractor License In Arizona
- How To Get Your General Contractor License In Nc
- How To Get Your Builders License In Georgia
- How To Get Old Paint Off Hardwood Floors Without Sanding
- How To Get General Contractor License In Nj
- How To Get Into Carpentry With No Experience
- How To Get Woodworking In Sims Freeplay
- How To Get Finish Carpentry License
- How To Get Your Contractors License In Florida
- How To Get Your Builders License
- How To Get My Hvac Contractor License In Texas
- How To Get My Contractors License In Texas
- How To Get Residential Contractors License In Arizona
- How To Get Inexpensive Furniture
- How To Grind A Lathe Parting Tool
- How To Get Your Contractors License Online
- How To Get Your General Contractors License In Sc
- How To Get Rid Of A Carpenter Ant Nest
- How To Get Your Contractor License In California