How To Prep And Paint A Bathroom Ceiling
Never use the shower before painting a bathroom.
How to prep and paint a bathroom ceiling. Use an extension pole so you dont have to work from a ladder. The best way to paint a ceiling is to use a paint roller and work in grid-like sections of 3 square feet to 5 square feet each. Apply the first coat of paint with a good quality paintbrush or short nap roller.
Roll very lightly across the first coat at 90 degrees to. Painting ceilings is a pain. Dip the roller in paint frequently and avoid letting the roller dry out.
Drape drop cloths over the bathroom vanity sink mirror and over the flooring. Using a paintbrush cut in around lights fans moldings and shower trim first. Empty some bathroom paint into your tray and evenly apply this over your roller.
Patch Where Bathroom Ceiling Paint Peeling Had Been. If you want your hard work to pay off you need to know how to prepare a ceiling for paint. Cherie says to opt for a ceiling paint that has anti-mould properties specifically designed for a bathroom.
Once all the loose paint has been completely removed use a sander with a medium-grit paper to sand and smooth the ceiling down as much as possible. Once your bathroom ceiling is clean its time to prime and seal. To begin I used a paint scraper to scrape away all the loose paint.
Cut in around the walls and edges first using your paint brush. Some areas will have a layer of paint where others wont. Tape off the ceiling trim bathtub surround backsplash and other areas that will not be painted.
- Home Woodworking Workshop Layout
- Fine Woodworking Store Near Me
- How Big Of A Wood Chipper Do I Need
- Free Carpentry Courses Near Me
- How Can I Get My Handyman License In California
- How Can I Learn Basic Carpentry
- Easy To Use Miter Saw
- Easy To Use Electric Chainsaw
- How Do I Clean Wood Before Painting
- Fine Woodworking Tools Melbourne
- Green Woodworking Courses Near Me
- How Can I Get Free Woodworking Tools
- Free Carpentry Training Near Me
- Easy To Use Circular Saw For Beginners
- Fine Woodworking Classes
- Foldable Laptop Table Diy
- How Do I Become A Finish Carpenter
- How Do I Check A Builders Licence In Nsw
- Essential Power Tools For Woodworking Shop
- How Do I Become A General Contractor In Massachusetts