How To Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets Yourself
Allow the paint to dry for at least four hours between coats.
How to paint your kitchen cabinets yourself. Apply a coat of paint to all the primed surfaces finishing up with top-to-bottom strokes along the grain. The first thing I did was remove all of the handles give the cabinets and drawer faces a deep cleaning. Just follow this step by step tutorial.
Use a testing kit or call a professional for help. Clean Cabinets After years and perhaps even decades of handling cabinets and drawers can get dirty. Mix trisodium phosphate TSP or a phosphate-free TSP substitute in warm water.
If your cabinets were previously painted and your house was built before 1978 the paint may be lead-based. If your cabinets have a factory finish sand lightly with 120-grit sandpaper or a sanding sponge. Always refer to the manufacturers instructions on all paint.
From sanding to priming to painting follow these steps for a flawless finishSee all. How To Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets Yourself Lets get to it. Let the primer dry according to the label on the primer you are using.
Two coats of quality paint are usually all that is necessary but you may want to add a third coat because kitchen cabinets take lots of punishment from cooking heat and day-to-day use and wood surfaces need all the. Besides the cost to paint wood cabinets should be no more than about 250 plus a weekend or two of your time. In contrast a few fresh coats of paint can go a long way toward transforming your existing cabinets for a fraction of that price.
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets Photography by Studio McGee First remove all the hardware and take the doors off the hinges before cleaning them thoroughly so theyre ready to sand this helps get you an even consistency especially with tricky laminate doors. Since primer is much cheaper than paint this will save you some cash. As always if you have questions you can ask them in the comments section DM me on Instagram or email me.
- How To Make A Wood Lathe Bench
- How To Make A Wood Ring
- How To Make A Wood Carving Spoons
- How To Make A Wood Lathe With A Drill Press
- How To Make A Wax Sculpture
- How To Make A Turtle Soap Carving
- How To Make A Wood Turning Parting Tool
- How To Make A Wood Lathe With A Drill
- How To Make A Simple Lathe
- How To Make A Wood Carving Knife From A Straight Razor
- How To Make A Wooden Ring With Hand Tools
- How To Make A Planer Knife Sharpening Jig
- How To Make A Pickaxe In Tinkers Construct
- How To Make A Wood Tool Box
- How To Make A Wooden Lathe Stand
- How To Make A Wood Lathe Out Of A Washing Machine Motor
- How To Make A Small Trestle Table
- How To Make A Trestle Table From Pallets
- How To Make A Laptop Lap Desk
- How To Make A Portable Beer Die Table