How To Make A Wood Turning Parting Tool
This video describes and demonstrates the proper use of the parting tool on a lathe.
How to make a wood turning parting tool. A versatile tool used not only for parting work off the lathe but also for making fillets and forming tenons for holding work in a scroll chuck. The radius shown gives you a tool that can take shallow turning cuts moving from tailstock to spindle Turning with a parting blade makes it easy to get nice square shoulders if you need your smallest OD between two larger ODs. On the bottom end you make a tenon with your parting tool.
Then turn your blank round and figure out where you want the joint on your box to go. Our 2nd generation Easy Parting Tool cuts clean provides precise and stable control with a flexible approach for side cutting and undercutting techniques. Eddies first video on making a parting tool was to start off by using a lawn edger blade and reshaping it with a grinder then he did a second video on using sawzall blades or reciprocal saw blades.
The idea is to turn an old used sawzall blade into to tool make a handle of wood and used some epoxy and brass rod for rivets or whatever they are called in knive handles. The negative rake grind on this carbide tipped parting tool is designed to slice through any of these materials. Starting On Parting Tool.
There are many types shapes and thicknesses of parting tools but a flatsided 18- 3mm- wide by 34-high tool is the one I. I show how to make a 18 parting tool for woodturning from a HSS tool blank purchased from Amazon. If you thought your other Simple Woodturning Tools cut good wait till you try this one.
Being a contractor I just happen to have a box of old blades I can use for making my parting tool. Shape it a little on the disk sander and fine tune the cutting tip. This tool comes with a replaceable stainless steel cutter blade that contains a permanent mounted Negative Rake Carbide Cutter for smooth clean parting through all materials with no sharpening required.
Put the radius on the side youll be moving into the cut. Double Angle Sorby Thin Parting Tool I shaped the end of the blade like the Sorby Parting Tool double angle look. The trick to this is the parting tool.
- Carbide Tool Tips
- Can You Make Money With A Cnc Router
- Can You Rent A Paper Shredder
- Can You Rent A Tree Mulcher
- Can You Rent A Brush Mulcher
- Can You Refinish A Table Without Sanding
- Can You Hire A Wood Shredder
- Can Woodworking Be Profitable
- Can You Become An Electrician Without Apprenticeship
- Can U Rent A Wood Chipper
- Can I Build My Own Pool In California
- Can I Paint Over Stain Without Sanding
- Can You Go To College For Carpentry
- Carpenter Apprenticeship Programs Near Me
- Can I Paint Right After Sanding
- Can You Make Money As A Woodworker
- Carpenter Apprentice Program Near Me
- Can You Sharpen Carbide Lathe Tools
- Can I Paint Over Cabinets Without Sanding
- Can I Paint Over Polyurethane Without Sanding