How To Wood Veneer Corners
Learned that from Lynn Sweet when I was studying at UK.
How to wood veneer corners. Place your veneer at the edge of a bench or table with the line of your cut overhanging it slightly. But if I was wrapping pre existing boxes I would cut a notch in the corner of a piece of paper so that when you fold it over the cut meets perfectly at the ridge where the two round overs meet in the corner then use that piece of paper as a template to cut the veneer. The way I learned to do veneered corners is to cut a 1818 groove down the corner.
Now cut the paper perpendicular to the edge of the board and back to the point of curvature - at about 1 spacing. Progressively fold those strips around the edge and tape into place allowing them to. Another point is the paper backing is going to be about the same color as the veneer.
Cut a piece of craft paper the same size as your veneer and place that on your board. Hold the file at a sharp angle to the plywood when filing. Other than doing the veneer before you cut the miters like production factory that is what you get.
Then veneer the two sides. Roll back the clock 100 years veneer was 18 or thick it could be mitered. Lightliy sand the corner any gaps will be invisible.
Glue in a piece of solid wood same species as veneer. We use tape across the joint about every 16 inches and then a long piece down the full length. Adjust the router bit so the bearing rides against the straightedge.
You dont want a sharp or ragged edge exposed which may snag and splinter the veneer. Make sure the hardwood corner is flush to both planes of the substrate. I found it helpful to secure the putty by gently pushing it into the damaged area with my fingers.
- Do Fencing Contractors Need To Be Licensed
- Do I Need A License To Be A Handyman In Tennessee
- Do I Need To Prime Bare Wood Before Painting
- Do You Need A License To Be A Contractor In Texas
- Do Carpenters Need A College Degree
- Do Woodwick Candles Go On Sale
- Do You Need A Contractors License In Indiana
- Does Home Depot Carry Milwaukee Tools
- Does A Carpenter Have To Be Licensed
- Do Carpenters Make Good Money Uk
- Does A Carpenter Need A License In Florida
- Does Walmart Carry Ryobi Products
- Does A Handyman Need A License In Georgia
- Does A Handyman Need To Be Licensed In California
- Do You Need A Handyman License In California
- Does Home Depot Sell Ryobi Replacement Parts
- Do You Need A License To Be A Handyman In Arizona
- Do Carpenters Need A License
- Does A Handyman Need A License In Nevada
- Do You Need A Contractors License To Do Landscaping