How To Use A Checkering File
It is essential these initial lines be straight that is parallel with the edge of the rule.
How to use a checkering file. It costs less than 10 and is simply a diamond shaped template 3 long by 1 high for a 3-to-1 ratio or 4 long by 1 high for a 4-to-1 ratio. After pencil tracing use a sharp grease pencil to darken the lines. Almost all sources I have read say that the first step to perform is a horizontal line at the top of the frontstrap where vertical lines will stop then file the vertical lines at about half depth using a jig to guide the file straight then start with the horizontals using a different jig.
Once youre finished with that use the single cutter to even things out deepen lines sharpen diamond points etc. Lay the Checkering File on the metal surface and slide it sideways until one row of teeth catches in the master guide line. Parallel in width and gently tapered in thickness.
Now score the master lines with help of flexible rule and scribe. Easier to use for the less experienced user also. You cost may vary depnding on what materials you might already have laying aoru.
Overcut is parallel to. Because of the arrangement of teeth checkering files sometimes referred to as texturing or Florentine files create grooves or serrations in the material being filed. Depending on how round the handle is you might have to use a file with a single row of teeth.
Cutters are more for new checkering. Save money and build your own cradle. The gunstock checkering tutorial series continues.
This will keep the lines evenly spaced and consistent. 11 rows Checkering files are parallel in width and gently tapered in thickness. Once the pattern is fully laid out bring to final depth with a 60 needle file.
- Where To Buy Grizzly Tools Near Me
- Where To Buy Hills Prescription Diet Metabolic Dog Food
- Where To Buy Metabo
- Where To Buy Affordable Solid Wood Furniture
- Where To Buy Planks Of Wood Near Me
- Where To Buy Carpentry Tools
- Where Is The Cheapest Place To Buy Vinyl Flooring
- Where Is The Cheapest Place To Buy Lumber Right Now
- Where To Buy Hot Tools In Uk
- Where To Buy Grizzly Power Tools
- Where To Buy Frames Cheap
- Where To Buy Pressure Treated Lumber Near Me
- Where To Buy Cheap Frames Montreal
- Where To Buy Discount Photo Frames
- Where To Buy Hot Tools Products
- Where To Buy Cheapest Hardwood Flooring
- Where To Buy Inexpensive Lumber
- Where To Buy Jet Tools
- Where To Buy Flooring Cheap
- Where To Buy Cheap Wood Pallets