How To Refinish Wood Dresser Without Sanding
TIP Use a good brush or foam brush a light hand with enough product that it doesnt pull and drag.
How to refinish wood dresser without sanding. Then rub the wax onto the dresser using a nylon scourer or steel wool pad. I then wiped it down and applied the first coat of the gel stain. Use the stain pad it comes with the Stain Restore and soak up some stain restore.
I like to use TSP which is a heavy duty cleaner. The next step to restoring wood furniture without sanding is to clean the piece thoroughly. Finish by washing down the dresser and letting it dry out.
Use a drop cloth for easier clean up. Yup no sanding needed. Minwax PolyShades is an easy way to change the color of your currently stained or polyurethane finished wood.
To remove stain from the dresser use sandpaper or a power sander just as you would with paint. Put on the gloves this will stain your hands if you dont and pour a little Stain Restore onto a paper plate. Professional restorer Rodney Keyser demonstrates this How to tutorial on a unique technique we use on an antique wardrobe to beautifully refinish it without stripping or sanding in under an hour.
When all stainpaint is removed move to finer grit sanding pad for smooth finish. Refinish Wood Furniture Without Stripping In Less Than An Hour. Gently sand the surface with 400-600 grit sandpaper or extra fine steel wool.
However too much and it can look heavy thick and cover up any graining you have. Then use the tip of your hot tool to make sure the melted liquid is in the gouge making sure to tap it with your tool to get rid of any air bubbles. Too little and it can look splotchy.
- How To Bid A Woodworking Job
- How To Become A General Contractor In Louisiana
- How To Become An Apprentice Carpenter In Alberta
- How To Become A Military Contractor
- How To Become An Apprentice Carpenter Australia
- How To Become A Carpentry Lecturer
- How To Become A Finish Carpenter In Canada
- How To Become A Licensed Carpenter In Ontario
- How To Become A Contractor In Indiana
- How To Bid A Carpentry Job
- How To Become A General Contractor In Connecticut
- How To Become A Licensed Fence Contractor
- How To Become A Licensed Masonry Contractor
- How To Become A Master Carpenter Uk
- How To Become A Certified Cnc Programmer
- How To Become A Journeyman Without Apprenticeship
- How To Become A Licensed Solar Contractor
- How To Become A Home Improvement Contractor
- How To Become A Cnc Machinist
- How To Become A Home Improvement Contractor In Ct