How To Prime Exterior Wood For Painting
If you are wondering why you need to prime exterior wood of your home before painting youve landed on the right article.
How to prime exterior wood for painting. Table of Contents. Use a wide flat paintbrush to apply the paint to the wood. To help the new paint adhere to the surface well Handyguy Brian advises to prime when painting over a glossy paint.
If you intend to apply a semi-transparent stain choose matching wood-toned filler instead of spackling compound. You can apply primer with a brush roller or by spraying and one coat is all you need. Priming the wood helps you deposit the paint nicely.
Sandpaper a few different grits Painting mask with ventilator Several paint brushes one for paint and one for primer at least. Fill the paint sprayer with paint. To start off priming use sandpaper to scrape off the previous paint or to even out the bumps on your surface.
Using a putty knife and vinyl exterior spackling compound fill any gouges. Before weathered wood can be painted it will require extensive prep work to ensure that the paint stays on for more than just a couple of years. Allow the paint to dry before applying a second coat and then paint the back if you wish.
With a scrubbing brush water and detergent scrub mildly. Prime Exterior Wood Of House Before Painting. Hold the spray gun approximately 1 foot from the surface.
If youre painting exterior wood thats already painted then the first thing you need to do is give it a good wash down or blast with the pressure washer then see if you need to remove any old flaking or cracking paint. Going over all facets reasons why prime before painting is required over old paint on wood siding. If the surface of your wood does not have bumps or any other imperfections apart from grains then you.
- How To Get A Handyman License In Georgia
- How To Get A General Contractors License In Illinois
- How To Get A Journeyman Plumbing License In California
- How To Get A General Contractors License In California
- How To Get A Flooring Contractors License In California
- How To Get A Contractor License In Louisiana
- How To Get A General Contractor License In Ga
- How To Get A Electrical Contractors License In Texas
- How To Get A Contractors License
- How To Get A Handyman License In Az
- How To Get A Handyman License In Washington State
- How To Get A General Contractors License In South Carolina
- How To Get A License For General Contractor
- How To Get A Contractors License In Connecticut
- How To Get A Massachusetts Contractors License
- How To Get A Contractors License In Louisiana
- How To Get A Contractors License In North Carolina
- How To Get A General Contractors License In Arkansas
- How To Get A Home Improvement Contractor License
- How To Get A Contractor License In Arizona