How To Prepare Exterior Trim For Painting
Run your brush along the side edge of the trim that touches the wall starting at the top and working your way down.
How to prepare exterior trim for painting. Preparing exterior surfaces for painting is critical. How do you prepare exterior door trim for painting. When youre satisfied with the woods appearance rinse the exterior.
Use a long-handled scrubber brush and a mild detergent to gently scrub away accumulated dirt grime mold and other residue. This step is especially important if the door is exposed to weather. To Summarize Prepping Exterior Trim For Paint Sanding filler caulking edges where trim meets another substrate allowing to dry.
How to Prep for Painting. Paint all the side edges of trim pieces before painting the front-facing part of. For a house with a great deal of trim.
Rinse the trim thoroughly and allow it to dry completely before preparing the surface for primer and paint. If you are painting entire exterior yourself ideally after spraying siding repainting trim with a brush or roller is your best most quickest method of application. Wash Surface Wash the surface of the trim with a TSP solution or a low-phosphate household cleaner.
Another key step preparing trim for paint is priming. Staple a plastic tarp. Well show you how to achieve a mar-free surface thatll hold paint for 10 years or longer.
In this video This Old House host Kevin OConnor and painting contractor Rich ONeil show how to properly prepare a house for paint. Set up scaffolding for easy access to the house wall. Apply an oil-based primer coat to metal doors before you begin painting.
- How To Become The Best Carpenter
- How To Become A Carpentry Subcontractor
- How To Become A Licensed Solar Contractor
- How To Become A Machinist
- How To Become A Licensed Contractor Ma
- How To Become A Pool Contractor In Florida
- How To Become A Trim Carpenter
- How To Become An Apprentice Carpenter
- How To Become A Good Carpenter
- How To Become A Certified Cnc Programmer
- How To Become A General Contractor In Massachusetts
- How To Bid Finish Carpentry
- How To Become An Apprentice Carpenter Australia
- How To Begin A Woodworking Hobby
- How To Become A Licensed Contractor In Maryland
- How To Become A Licensed General Contractor In Louisiana
- How To Become A Woodworking Apprentice
- How To Become A Union Apprentice
- How To Become A Licensed Hvac Contractor In Nc
- How To Become A Fence Contractor In Florida