How To Prepare And Paint A Bathroom Ceiling
Paint in Sections With a Roller The best way to paint a ceiling is to use a paint roller and work in grid-like sections of 3 square feet to 5 square feet each.
How to prepare and paint a bathroom ceiling. Generously dip the roller cover in the paint then thoroughly roll it out on the upper area of the paint tray. Look for moisture-resistant primers that are made for bathrooms. So clear your area lay down a drop sheet then grab yourself a ladder brush tape roller and extension pole and tray.
All good projects begin with good preparation. Paint a square area about 2 by 2 feet using angled strokes that roughly make a W on the wall then fill in the blank areas of the W with a series. Begin by cleaning your ceiling.
If youve got any mould get rid of it with a bleach solution before you begin. Paint With the Roller Fit the roller cover on the roller frame. After a bit of research I decided that Polycell Finishing Skim was the right product for the job.
Dip the sash brush into the container and begin cutting in. Cut in around the edges of the ceiling and around any fixtures - cutting in is where use a paint brush to paint areas that are too tight for rollers such as at corners or the trim. As you dont need to load up your brush try tipping a little paint into a small container to prevent it from dripping.
In this video learn the right way to paint a ceiling. As you can see the ceiling was still really uneven. Moreover a lack of primer makes it easier for mold to make a return.
Once your bathroom ceiling is clean its time to prime and seal. Youll need to sand the paint coats off your plaster walls and ceiling before you paint. Setting floodlights up below will make seeing where youve already painted easier.
- How To Make A Foldable Table Top
- How To Make A Desk Lamp
- How To Make A Cardboard Lap Desk
- How To Learn To Be A Machinist
- How To Make A Bowl Gouge Sharpening Jig
- How To Make A Diy Gaming Desk
- How To Learn Framing For A House
- How To Hand Sharpen Lathe Tools
- How To Make A Desk For Gaming
- How To Make A Foldable Beer Die Table
- How To Make A Hole In Wood Without Power Tools
- How To Make A Diy Laptop Stand
- How To Make A Folding Desk
- How To Learn Woodworking At Home
- How To Make A 3d Wood Carving Machine
- How To Hand Carve A Wooden Spoon
- How To Make A Basic Trestle Table
- How To Install Metal Framing
- How To Make A Handmade Wooden Spoon
- How To Make A Drill Bit Sharpening Jig