How To Prepare A Metal Front Door For Painting
Avoiding heavy brush marks when painting a smooth metal door with a difficult color.
How to prepare a metal front door for painting. Using the paint brush paint the primer in any indents and then foam roll the entire door. You can also apply some masking tape to these items and any other area or edges you do not wish to paint. First remove any fixtures you do not want to paint.
Paint Roll on one light coat of your exterior paint on the flat areas of the door. If you attempt to paint the door on the hinges while the door is vertical you will have large drips and runs in the paint. Remove the door from the hinges and lay it down on a flat surface.
Make sure to stir up your paint prior to using and remember the key to painting anything is with thin multiple coats. Here is what one light coat of paint looks like over the grey Glidden Primer. Watch our step-by-step video showing how to paint an external door with expert advice and top tips to help you complete the job with confidence.
Once the first coat is dry add a second light coat and let dry. Paint the outer verticals 4 and finish by painting the three exposed door edges 5. Painting a panel door Start with the panels 1 and the mouldings that surround them.
Using an all-purpose cleaner wipe down the front door to get it as clean as possible. Depending on how dark your metal front door was before you may need to do two coats. Select Door Paint For one primed exterior door youll need at least one quart of paint.
I only did one. Next make sure to wear some protective gloves and strip off any rust and old paint. Then paint the cross-rails 3 starting with the top rail and working down.
- Union Carpenter Salary In Chicago
- Used Wood Carving Tools For Sale Uk
- Used Wood Shaving Equipment For Sale
- Tools To Start Woodworking Business
- Study Of Different Types Of Hand Tools Used In Workshop
- Soap Carving Easy Ideas
- Soap Carving Easy Flower
- Types Of Mechanical Workshop Equipment
- Used Wood Machines For Sale
- Second Hand Woodworking Tools Melbourne
- Tools For Wood Carving Crafts
- Tools Used In Electrical Workshop
- Used Wood Shop Tools For Sale
- Types Of Marking Tools In Workshop
- Specialty Woodworking Tools Near Me
- Tools For Wood Carving Uk
- Small Easy To Use Chainsaw
- Used Cnc Wood Carving Machine For Sale In Tamilnadu
- Used Delta Wood Shaper For Sale
- Second Hand Woodworking Tools On Ebay