How To Paint Wood Cabinets Without Sanding
Fill nicks and gouges with epoxy wood filler and sand the filler flat with 120-grit sandpaper.
How to paint wood cabinets without sanding. Apply a liquid deglosser to remove the varnish. Wear work gloves to protect your hands as you scrape the old paint off. It used to be a known fact that you never paint wood furniture without sanding it first.
So on the rest I used Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3 Primer in white. Let the bond coat dry for 2 hours. Repeat steps 3 4 and 6 with Satin Enamels paint.
I like to use TSP which is a heavy duty cleaner. Finish applying the chalk paint to the edges and backs if desired of the cabinet doors. Painting wood furniture has evolved over the years.
Allow it to penetrate the wood for 15 minutes. Wipe down cabinets around the stove with a TSP based cleaner to remove grease. You will notice that old paint will bubble and easily peel off.
Apply second coat and let dry for about 2 hours. How to Clean Faux Marble Table Top of Stains Without Find Any Difficulties. No primer is needed either.
Visit my blog for more DIY and Crafty goodness. After that scuff the cabinets lightly with 220-grit sandpaper. Several wood cabinets with no serious scratches or dents dont need sanding step actually.
- How To Sharpen Carbide Turning Tools
- How To Sharpen Carving Tools
- How To Sharpen V Carving Tools
- How To Refinish Wood Furniture Without Sanding
- How To Sharpen Tungsten Carbide Tools
- How To Refinish Hardwood Without Sanding
- How To Repaint Wood Without Sanding
- How To Sharpen A Carving Hook Knife
- How To Sharpen A Wood Carving Gouge
- How To Prepare Wooden Door For Painting
- How To Sharpen Lathe Tools With A Stone
- How To Sharpen Wood Carving Tools With Leather
- How To Prime Exterior Wood For Painting
- How To Sharpen Carbide Woodturning Tools
- How To Sharpen A Spoon Carving Knife
- How To Sharpen Lathe Tools By Hand
- How To Refinish Hardwood Stairs Without Sanding
- How To Prepare Wooden Door Frames For Painting
- How To Seal Wood Burned Spoons
- How To Preserve A Wood Carving