How To Paint Chipped Wood Trim
Orbital rotating or belt sanders are a good option for stripping exterior paint.
How to paint chipped wood trim. Avoid sanding down all the way to bare wood. For a relentlessly humid home allow at least twice as much drying time for better paint. Use your putty knife to gently scrape away any loose paint.
Sanders rip off the paint quickly. Use a lightweight compound that dries fast and doesnt shrink. Fill any cracks or holes from chipped wood as opposed to chipped paint with spackling paste or wood putty forcing the filler into the gap with a putty knife.
Let the paint dry completely and apply a second coat if needed. Work it in several directions to fill any nooks and crannies. Coat the entire wood surface in a thin coat of the primer and then allow it.
Here is a very simple method to ge. If you can still see places where the paint had chipped off your door even after painting them then this video is for you. However if you lay into the sander too hard you risk gouging the wood.
Allow the filler to dry for at least three hours or as directed by the manufacturer before applying any paint. Its even easier when you are dealing with less damage. If you still have the original paint then youre in luck.
Part 2 - Paint the Trim Step 1. Fill Holes With Compound Use a flexible putty knife to fill all chips holes and cracks with spackling compound. Allow sufficient drying time between applications.
- How To Get A License For Contractor In Texas
- How To Get A Contractor License
- How To Get A Handyman License In Ca
- How To Get A Handyman License In Washington State
- How To Get A Fence Contractor License In California
- How To Get A Contractor License In Louisiana
- How To Get A Contractors License Without Experience In California
- How To Get A Handyman License In Az
- How To Get A Landscape Contractors License
- How To Get A Home Improvement Contractor License
- How To Get A Marine Contractors License In Florida
- How To Get A Handyman License In Las Vegas
- How To Get A Hvac Contractor License In Arizona
- How To Get A Handyman License In Tennessee
- How To Get A Contractors License
- How To Get A Louisiana General Contractor License
- How To Get A Handyman License In North Carolina
- How To Get A Contractors License In North Carolina
- How To Get A Hvac Contractors License In Arkansas
- How To Get A Florida Electrical Contractors License