How To Make A Wood Lathe Out Of A Washing Machine Motor
I dont know about the newer washing machine motors but the old top loaders are actually two motors in one with a centrifugal switch up top.
How to make a wood lathe out of a washing machine motor. Well broke too often. Cheap angle grinder does the job but annoys neighbors. All of the parts are the same they are just powered one way to make a motor and another way to make a generator.
Cut to length in this case in half. At the bottom of the bowl closest to the tail stop switch to a parting tool and form a tenon. Clean off any sawdust on the bowl.
Built my own wood lathe about 35 years ago using a washing machine motor and a pair of stepped pulleys for a speed range still working to this day. Sometimes a combination of an induction motor for washing with a brushed motor for the high rpm of the spin cycle up to 1400 rpm at the drum so at least 15000rpm for the motor. After making the body of the lathe I moved onto fabricating the banjo and tool rest.
Otherwise its always a safe bet to hand-wash the. Simply hold the sandpaper against the bowl and let the lathe do the work. If youre interested in putting together your own low-buck lathe youll first have to come up with a 12-horsepower two-speed washing machine motor with a clockwise rotation looking at it from.
While the lathe is still spinning sand the bowl using 100 150 and 240 grit sandpaper. Slip one of the pulleys onto the spur end of the mandrel and slide the tailstock spindle shaft into the other end of the pulley. For more DIY Videos press the l.
I found belt sanding first followed by rotary wire brush worked best. The banjo is made from a piece of C channel with a plate welded onto each end and also on the open side that rides along the bed. Whenever your washing machine breaks dont just throw it away.
- Best Tools For A Beginner Woodworker
- Best Way To Do Metal Framing
- Best Place To Buy Milwaukee Tools Reddit
- Best Way To Learn Basic Carpentry
- Best Place To Buy Wooden Flooring Uk
- Best Table Saw Under 1000 Dollars
- Best Starter Tools For Woodworking
- Best Woodworkers Square
- Can A General Contractor Do Roofing In Florida
- Best Table Saw For Woodworking Uk
- Best Woodworking Courses Uk
- Best Way To Sharpen Carbide Tools
- Best Place To Buy Lumber Near Me
- Best Place To Buy Hardwood Flooring Near Me
- Cabinet Table Saw Reviews Fine Woodworking
- Can A Woman Be A Carpenter
- Buy Wood Pellets Online Nz
- Buying Grizzly Tools In Canada
- Best Tools For Small Woodworking Shop
- Can A General Contractor Build A Pool In California