How To Make A Wood Lathe Out Of A Drill
In this DIY video I build a wooden lathe.
How to make a wood lathe out of a drill. Making a Great Fit. Building a bit long but it was worth it. Making the spindle As we have to make each and every part from the scratch with the available stuff to make it look and function like a wood lathe we will start with making a spindle.
Secured with a rubber strap from my bitsa bitsa this and bitsa that box. Here I make a drill powered woodworking lathe for my own use. Because I built a very rob.
Make a tool out of a drill. This awesome mini lathe can be made in just a few minutes. This left a small indent in the wood which was to be my centre point for the neck of my drill.
Use a hex shaft screw driver bit and chuck it into the drill press now attach the chuck were using as a center and with the drill press running slowly very slowly feed the shaft. Quite impractical to use belts pulleys and bearings when the concept is making a wood lathe in 30 minutes. Insert first the nut and then the wood drive nut in the bolt.
Considering that electric motors commonly come at 2400 or 2800 RPM as well as the cheaper low speed ones finding the right motor is part of the fun of creation. I used very hard plywood to make this lathe. Next comes the front clamp.
To ensure a good fit between the shaft of the chuck and the block of hardwood were going to use the shaft to burnish the wood to size. Placing drill on the mounting block I put in a pilot drill and marked the wood. Cue some timber from local merchant and you start with this below.
- What Supplies Do You Need To Paint A Bedroom
- What Qualifications Do You Need To Be A Tradesman
- What Products Do I Need To Paint A Room
- What Paint Do You Use For Kitchen Cabinets
- What Materials Do I Need To Paint A Car
- What Schools In Ontario Offer Carpentry
- What Screws To Use For Metal Framing
- What Tools Do I Need For A Wood Lathe
- What Power Tools Do I Need For Woodworking
- What Kind Of Paint Sprayer Do I Need For Kitchen Cabinets
- What Tool Brands Does Home Depot Own
- What Tools Are Used In A Workshop
- What Is The Hourly Rate For A Finish Carpenter
- What Paint Do You Use For Kitchen Cupboards
- What Kind Of Paint Do I Need To Paint My Kitchen Cabinets
- What Kind Of Paint Do I Need For Kitchen Cabinets
- What Tools And Equipment Are Used In Wood Workshop
- What Qualifications Do You Need For Carpentry
- What Tools Are Needed To Paint A Room
- What Store Carries Ridgid Tools