How To Make A Wolverine Sharpening Jig
I looked at others pics of their wolferine jigs and came up with this with no drawings or measurementsput the grinder on top of some 34 plywoodand a strip of 34 ply about 4-5 inches away parrelle and then a sliding piece with with a v-block.
How to make a wolverine sharpening jig. To keep from bolting directly to my workbench I made an L-shaped platform that I can set on the bench and lock into one of the vises. I attached it to my grinder yes you need to buy a grinder separately and I needed to bolt my grinder to a piece of scrap wood so. Simply attach the skew jig to the Wolverine V-arm lock in place and youre ready to go.
May 28 2017 - Woodworking can be a lot of fun but many people get discouraged because they are not knowledgeable enough on the subject and feel that creating nice pieces is a little overwhelming. Also removed the rubber feet on the grinder. Once the Vari-Grind Jig system is complete making consistent sharpening angles at the grinder is a piece of cake.
It is easy to assemble but may require some scrap wood. I switched from a 6 to an 8 inch grinder. If playback doesnt begin shortly try restarting your device.
Woodworking is all about creativity so this article is going to discuss a. I used a ¾ ply shim glued to an additional ¼ extension piece that extends sideways enough to allow mounting of the bases which hold the platform and V-arm in place. You have to bolt the jig components and the grinder to the surface of the work area.
Wolverine Skew Jig was developed to be used with the Wolverine Grinding Jig. Set up was easy and straight forward. Wolverine has become the number one name that everyone uses for sharpening lathe tools.
I thought I write this article about making your own sharpening system for woodturning tools because I know many new woodturnings cannot afford to go out and buy a sharpening system like the Wolverine Oneway sharpening systemIts gonna cost you between 100 and 150 to purchase the system and. Save Time Money and Frustration. Place the extending bowl gouge tip in the measuring jig to the predetermined two-inch depth and tighten the hand screw.
- Best Power Tools For Fine Woodworking
- Best Tools For New Woodworkers
- Best Woodturning Tools For Beginner
- Can A General Contractor Do Roofing In Florida
- Best Way To Learn Basic Carpentry
- Best Scroll Saw Reviews Uk
- Best Tools For A Beginner Woodworker
- Best Woodworking Courses Uk
- Best Table Saw For Woodworking Beginner
- Best Quality Wood Turning Tools
- Best Woodworkers Edge Rule
- Best Way To Kill Carpenter Ants In A Tree
- Can A General Contractor Build A Pool In California
- Best Way To Learn Framing
- Best Website For Free Woodworking Plans
- Best Tools For Beginner Woodworking
- Best Table Saw For Beginners 2021
- Best Place To Buy Wood Pellets For Stove
- Cabinet Table Saw Reviews Fine Woodworking
- Best Way To Get A Carpentry Apprenticeship