How To Make A Checkering Tool
The uppermost wood with pin is a sort of scriber that was used to mark the edges of the checkering so they run parallel with the barrel channel top line of the stock.
How to make a checkering tool. I made a sharp cutter from a piece of scrap steel to re-cut the line around the edge. From there you would use a two edge tool to define the parallel grooves over a panel. The next tool is the single-line cutter.
Once youre finished with that use the single cutter to even things out deepen lines sharpen diamond points etc. Gunstock Finishing and Checkering Part 1 - TOOLSGunstock carving and checkering requires the use of specialized tools to get the job done. Below there is a very fine checkering tool.
Hand checkering is a simple process requiring just a few simple tools. Cut an intersecting line at approximately 40 for the second master line. As you do move the stippling tool around inside the panel in a random manner.
Its best to start the job with a checkering panel pattern cut from a piece of white paper thinner than copy paper is better so a pattern appropriate for the particular stock undergoing surgery can be chosen - with an eye toward overall size and outlineshape. Once thats done its just a matter of moving across the surface one line at a time with the double-head tool. Hand tools can sometimes do a job faster than setting up a machine.
Keep tapping and moving in a random fashion until the surface is uniformly roughened. Cutting flat-top checkering requires a special tool. Using a mill bastard file to cut teeth.
Hand tool use is not eliminated however the time required to finish the job is dramatically reduced. Scribe this then use a single line tool to cut a master line. Advanced checkering involves using a third checkering tool the w i d e spacing tool to make skip-line checkering google.
- How To Make Custom Items In Minecraft Bedrock Edition
- How To Make Carved Candles
- How To Make Easy Wooden Toys
- How To Make Homemade Table Calendar
- How To Make A Wooden Spoon With Hand Tools
- How To Make A Woodworkers Bench Vise
- How To Make Fold Down Table Legs
- How To Make Carved Candles At Home
- How To Make Desk Organizer At Home
- How To Make A Wooden Sword With Hand Tools
- How To Make Folding Legs For A Table
- How To Make Hand Carved Candles
- How To Make A Woodworking Business
- How To Make Carbide Cutting Tools
- How To Make A Workbench With Folding Legs
- How To Make Custom Tools In Minecraft
- How To Make Metal Folding Table Legs
- How To Make Joinery Joints
- How To Make Homemade Woodworking Tools
- How To Make Collapsible Table Legs