How To Get A Residential Contractors License In South Carolina
The Residential Builders Commission the Commission licensesregisters those individuals who are qualified by experience to perform residential building residential specialty contracting and home inspecting on residential.
How to get a residential contractors license in south carolina. To become a general contractor in South Carolina the South Carolina Department of Labor Licensing and Regulations will require you to pass a business and law exam as well as a trade exam. Additionally if you plan on performing general contracting work as a company you will have to determine if you will have to apply for a local business license or with the Secretary of State. These specialty contracting licenses expire on June 30th of odd-numbered years and can be renewed online.
If you wish to perform only residential work you must contact the Residential Builders Commission at 803-896-4696 for more information. The Municipal Association of South Carolina MASC is a trade certification program - not a licensing agency of the State. For contracting in the area of commercial general or mechanical work in South Carolina over 5000 the applicant must get a contractor license from the South Carolina Contractors Licensing Board.
Pre-Approval for Residential Classifications is required. This exam is required for Residential Contractors in South Carolina. There is the Contractors Licensing Board that handle Commercial licenses and the Residential Building Commission that.
Plumber electrician and HVAC contractors are required to be licensed by the Residential Builders Commission prior to working in South Carolina. The South Carolina Electrical License is a specialty license issued to an individual not a business entity for anyone engaging in residential electrical work over 200 on residential buildings that are sixteen units or less and do not exceed 3 storiesThis license limits the individual to 5000 per residential project unless a surety bond of at least 10000 is obtained from the Commission. Residential Builder Exam Prep South Carolina 15 Hour Text Course Anyone engaged in Residential construction-related contracting in South Carolina must be licensed.
Technical exam score sheet or Certificate of Licensure from qualifying states. Individuals interested in becoming licensed or registered as a Residential Builder Residential Specialty Contractor or Home Inspector by Examination must take a two-part examination for licensure in South Carolina. To apply for a South Carolina contractor license youll have to submit the following basic requirements.
The program consists of online presentations reviewing the reference book and includes practice exams and a home study guide. The first step in the licensing process is to pass the exams. A general contractors license is required in South Carolina SC for any commercial work that exceeds over 5000 in value.
- What Are The Types Of Measuring Tools In Ref And Air Conditioning
- What Are The Examples Of Marking Tools
- What Are The Tools And Materials Used In Carpentry
- What Hand Tools For Woodworking
- What Brand Is The Best Wood Chipper
- What Do You Do After Sanding Wood
- What Colleges Offer A Major In Carpentry
- What Are The Tools Used In Automotive Servicing
- What Does It Take To Be A Journeyman Carpenter
- What Hand Tools Do I Need For Woodworking
- What Are The Safety Equipment Required In The Welding Process
- What Does A Trim Carpenter Make
- What Are The Tools In Carpentry And Their Uses
- What Are The Safety Equipment Used In Automobile Industry
- What Do Trim Carpenters Do
- What Do Carpenters Use To Measure Angles
- What Does It Take To Get A Contractors License In Washington State
- What Do You Need For Wood Turning
- What Are The Tools And Equipment In Carpentry
- What Are The Different Types Of Cutting Tools Used In Center Lathe