How To Get A General Contractors License In Va
As of 312016 you will need a separate license referred to as the RBC.
How to get a general contractors license in va. A contractors license is required to work on an HVAC project valued more than 1000. The Virginia Portion the General. About an item on any application form please email the Board for Contractors at contractordporvirginiagov or call the licensing staff at 804 367-8511.
More recently the Virginia General Assembly passed a statute amendment barring mechanics liens by contractors who perform work without a valid license or without the proper class of license. What this means is that regardless of the permit laws you may still need a license to get paid for your work. The following are the steps to obtain your Virginia Contractors license.
How Do I Prove My Contractor Experience to Get a Virginia General Contractor License. Some of the questions may depending on your answer require that you provide additional documentation. The first step in getting your Contractors License in Virginia is to create your business entity name it and register it.
Successfully PASS the required parts of the contractor exam that measures your knowledge of the profession. Obtain a Contractors License application. Determine your businesss structure LLC Sole Proprietorship etc Verify.
In total there are three portions of the exam. The Virginia NASCLA Contractor license classification covers commercial industrial institutional and modular construction along with commercial remodeling or ancillary work. Getting your general contractors license in Virginia is not the same as becoming a general contractor in West Virginia.
General Information for VA Contractor Licensing A Prelicense course or 8 hours course must be completed by a member of responsible management or a designated employee for a VA Class A contractor license or VA Class B Contractor license or by a member of responsible management for a VA Class C contractor license. In order to become licensed as a Contractor Class A Class B or Class C applicants must complete eight hours of pre-license education. Successfully complete the 8-hour Virginia Contractor Basic Business course available through an approved provider.
- What Is The Best Miter Saw For The Money
- What Is Foundry Equipment
- What Is A Good Wood Lathe For Beginners
- What Is The Best Table Saw On The Market
- What Is The Best Way To Paint Bathroom Cabinets
- What Is The Best Way To Repaint Cabinets
- What Is The Best Wood Chipper To Get
- What Is The Best Way To Paint Stained Cabinets
- What Is The Best Contractor Table Saw
- What Is A Rough Carpenter
- What Is The Best Steel For Wood Chisels
- What Is The Best Way To Paint Laminate Cabinets
- What Is The Best Woodworking Tools
- What Is The Best Wood To Use In A Pizza Oven
- What Is The Best Method To Paint A Ceiling
- What Is The Best Way To Paint A Picket Fence
- What Is The Cheapest Wood Board
- What Is The Best Portable Table Saw
- What Is A Good Table Saw For Beginners
- What Is The Best Sliding Miter Saw