How To Best Paint A Ceiling
How you choose to paint your ceiling beams will depend on the decor of your home.
How to best paint a ceiling. How to paint a ceiling with a roller starts by working from the outside in from a window or corner. Paint the coving first If the room has coving it makes sense to start painting this first as this will help to ensure a neater finish when you paint the ceiling. If you arent going to paint the walls use painters tape to protect the wall or use the brush to cut in a nice straight line along the walls edge.
The most common colors to paint ceiling beams are white off-white and grey. This part needs precision so take your time to get a nice clean finish. Paint the ceiling in 3-foot by 3-foot sections a small enough area to keep track of what youve covered with paint.
Fill the roller with paint that is in the paint tray. Cut in around the edges of the ceiling and around any fixtures - cutting in is where use a paint brush to paint areas that are too tight for rollers such as at corners or the trim. If you only want to paint the ceiling though this video will explain how to.
You can paint ceiling beams in various colors all with different results depending on the style of your home. Add a fresh liner to the paint tray and then pour paint into the tray. Dulux Ceiling White is a flat white ceiling paint with excellent hiding power.
How to paint the ceiling When decorating a room painting the ceiling should ideally be the first job you do so the paint does not drip onto other surfaces. Cut the ceiling in like you would cut in a corner. Use a stepladder to paint a 2-inch to 3-inch cut-line along the edge of the ceiling.
Just like a vertical wall begin by cutting-in where the roller wont reach. Starting in the ceiling line brush into the corner and feather paint 2-3 inches and down onto the wall. Start with painting the edge of the ceiling where it meets the wall first.
- How Much Space Do I Need For A Woodworking Shop
- How Much To Start A Carpentry Business
- How Much To Rent A Wood Chipper For A Day
- How To Be A Carpenter Uk
- How To Be A Red Seal Carpenter
- How To Become A Carpenter Without An Apprenticeship
- How To Become A Carpenter In Texas
- How Much To Start A Woodworking Business
- How Much Would A Wood Chipper Cost
- How Much Should I Pay For Engineered Wood Flooring
- How To Apply For Civil Contractor License In India
- How To Be A Builder In Ontario
- How Much To Rent A Chipper From Home Depot
- How To Be A Licensed Contractor In Ontario
- How To Become A Carpenter In California
- How Much Money Does A Carpenter Make A Year Nz
- How To Become A Carpenter In South Africa
- How To Become A Carpenter Ireland
- How Much To Hire A Wood Chipper
- How To Be A Licensed Contractor In Texas