How Do You Prepare Woodwork For Painting
Dont completely remove the paint.
How do you prepare woodwork for painting. The light scuffing action will produce a more textured surface that promotes proper paint adhesion. If youre painting over a dark color apply a coat of primer before you paint. An undercoat is always a good idea on previously painted surfaces as it will give you a much better finish and stops the paint dragging on the surface.
Sand gently only to create a grip on the surface to be painted. Wash down interior woodwork before painting. You can scrape these back to a solid edge then apply some wall filler.
Sweep an orbit sander over the wood in wide circular strokes. Paintwork with only a few light blemishes can be prepared by sanding. Be sure to hit corners recesses molding and any other features you intend to paint as well.
When the sanding is complete youll need to get rid of any bits of dust stuck to the woodwork. A sanding machine can be used cautiously for a large surface if preferred. In this tutorial our Wickes experts show you how to prepare interior woodwork for paintingSubscribe to the Wickes YouTube channel here.
Simply remove imperfections and give the woodwork a key an adhesive surface for the new paint to cling to. Be a bit careful if your current paint is a glossy or silk finish. Of course if this sounds like too much hassle or hard work you can always call in the professionals.
Be sure to sand away any wood. Use a 280 grit to sand the surface. Apply two or three coats and make sure you leave plenty of time between each painting on half dried tacky gloss will spoil the end result.
- Woodworking Table Top Clamps
- Woodworking Table Saw Spline Jig Plans
- Woodworking Shops For Rent Near Me
- Woodworking Night Classes Near Me
- Woodworking Machinery Auctions Ireland
- Woodworking Machinery Auctions Northern Ireland
- Woodworking Table Saw Price
- Woodworking Plans Pdf Book
- Woodworking Shops Near Me
- Woodworking Table Saw Blades
- Woodworking Table Plans Patterns
- Woodworking Table For Sale
- Woodworking Shops Hiring Near Me
- Woodworking Projects You Can Do In An Apartment
- Woodworking Magazine Table Saw Reviews
- Woodworking Supplies Near Me
- Woodworking Machinery Hamilton Nz
- Woodworking Stores Near Me
- Woodworking Table Sims 4
- Woodworking Machinery Suppliers In Northern Ireland